Role and Responsibilities
Self-motivated with ability to work proactively with minimal direction
Experience with zone-bin picking and put away
Assisted sorters by loading/unloading boxes and bins with the assigned products
Load boxes and bins in an organized and timely manner.
Properly read and Identify Labels and Numbers.
Constantly moving around your area to make sure you fully accomplish your job
Handle every product with care
Perform quality checks to identify and replace damaged materials
Follow all Safety, Sanitation, & Security policies & procedures, as required.
Ensure good housekeeping by implementing, promoting, and sustaining a safe, organized, and productive 5S working environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required
1-2 years previous work experience preferred
Warehouse Experience is a plus
Preferred Skills/ Abilities
Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop, climb stairs
Able to lift up to 25lbs multiple times throughout the shift
Work as a team with co-workers to ensure consistency and improve operations
Well organized with good time management skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and deal with frequent interruptions
Willingness to accept change and ability to manage change
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-motivated with ability to work proactively with minimal direction
- Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions, scanners, and scales
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Load boxes and bins in an organized and timely manner.
- Properly read and Identify Labels and Numbers.
- Constantly moving around your area to make sure you fully accomplish your job
- Handle every product with care
- Perform quality checks to identify and replace damaged materials
- Follow all Safety, Sanitation, & Security policies & procedures, as required.
- Ensure good housekeeping by implementing, promoting, and sustaining a safe, organized, and productive
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years previous retail work experience preferred
- Warehouse Experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Utilize basic math skills – adding and subtracting
- Use a cash register as well as transaction readers for credit/debit cards
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop, climb stairs
- Able to lift up-to 50lbs multiple times throughout the shift
- Work as a team with co-workers to ensure consistency and improve operations
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and deal with frequent interruptions
- Willingness to accept change and ability to manage change
Who we are:
A&C Business Enterprises is a reverse logistics company that specializes in processing returns and unwanted inventory for retailers across the country. Currently, A&C Business Enterprises processes over 300,000 units a month and, thanks to their proprietary software solutions, the logistics company is built to scale.
This same in-house software gives A&C Business Enterprises the unique ability to capitalize on lower-end retail items that other reverse logistics companies simply cannot afford to address. Retailers who are trying to move low-priced items valued at $50 and below are the ideal match for A&C Business Enterprises.
A&C Business Enterprises has experienced tremendous growth in the last 4 years and continues to expand across the organization. We are looking for members to add to our team who will grow with us as we elevate to the next level!
What We are looking for:
A&C Business enterprises is seeking an energetic Department Manager with proven results that is passionate about building a high-performance team, create positive employee experiences, and drive production. If you love a challenge, excel at exceeding expectations, a natural coach, and can inspire your team to succeed on daily basis, then we are looking for you.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- People-oriented enjoys interacting with people, who care about the overall well-being of associates, customers, and the community in which we serve.
- Dependable we need a reliable and trustworthy candidate
- Detail-oriented has exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Collaborative can effectively create strong relationships across the organization to complete common goals.
- And, love to have fun
The Department Manager manages the daily activities of an operational unit. Maintains workflow, staffing and scheduling to achieve targeted operational and financial goals and metrics. The department manager also supports the Operations Manager in ensuring compliance of operational policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure warehouse meet and/or exceed Operations, Quality, and Safety Standards.
- Make day-to-day decisions for a small department, validating work assignments, making schedules, and approving time-off requests.
- Resolves routine operational issues.
- Manages associate performance through corrective actions, attendance, and/or terminations.
- Conducts performance reviews timely, consistently with recommendations on pay increases.
- Promote a positive work culture by coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Collects, monitors, and maintains performance metrics and monitors performance against operational goals.
- Manages labor hours and payroll in an electronic timekeeping system.
- Ensures production employees have been trained on and understand work instruction for their function(s).
- Manage inventory workflow.
- Ensure efficient operations, appropriate cost controls including cost reduction by meeting and maintaining labor initiatives, inventory workflow, shipments, and warehouse operations.
- Ensure operations conform to the organization’s policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Drive continuous improvement through the deployment of best practices.
- Collaborate with Human Resources regarding people management and people planning.
- Partner with Human Resources in staffing and recruitment efforts and provide accurate headcount reports to ensure staffing levels are sound for the operation of the warehouse and align with the company’s objectives.
- Partner with Safety Manager to ensure safety policies are being followed and associates are provided with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Develop individual and team performance & capabilities via clear expectations, intentional conversations, meaningful recognition, and accountability.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and followed as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free warehouse operation.