A&C Business Enterprises
Retail Safety Specialist
Salary: DOE (Based on Experience and Qualifications)
A&C Business Enterprises is looking for an experienced Retail Safety Specialist to help us minimize the risk of job-related accidents. This position will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. Will also help develop policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSH) awareness. Assist Safety Director with building an effective and appropriate Safety training and maintenance program.
Safety Specialist should be well-versed in all OSH dictations. Your work will be focused on prevention so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
The goal is to work in conjunction with Safety Director to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace.
- This role reports to the Safety Director.
- Implement and monitor compliance with company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that federal, state and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules are observed
- Act as point of contact for addressing employee concerns regarding safety and health policy
- Conduct audits of work practices and processes for potential safety hazards and reports findings and recommendations to Safety Director
- Direct accident investigation procedures
- Enforce preventative measures
- Assist in conducting health and safety assessments
- Will be required to intervene in any unsafe working activities or working conditions
- Travels to store locations, warehouses or other offsite projects to ensure all health and safety protocols are being followed
- Assists in monitoring all incidents and report trends and projections required to set safety goals for each department
- Develop and conducts employee training in order to promote workplace safety; may work in conjunction with Training Manager and/or Safety Director
- Set and monitor specific safety objectives for special projects
- Oversees Safety Coordinators in each store location and ensures the role is being performed correctly
- Ensures safety training is implemented as designated in each location and completes recordkeeping associated with safety training
- Maintains accurate records in ASANA pertaining to safety training, incident reporting, policies and any other information deemed necessary by management
- Stay abreast of current safety and health trends in the retail and warehousing industries
- Identifies hazards that could cause incidents and devises strategic plan to remedy these hazards
- Facilitates training for each store’s Safety Coordinators, Management and Employees on a regular and as needed basis
- Responds to on-site emergencies and incidents as appropriate
• Ideal candidate must have a team player mentality and demonstrate willingness to grow within the company.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
• Pre-employment and random drug screen may be required as a condition of employment.
• Applicant will be subject to a background check*
* A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
A&C Business Enterprises and Gimme a $5 embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.