A&C Business Enterprises
Warehouse Shipping Logistics Supervisor
Hourly Rate: Depending on Experience and Qualifications
Warehouse Shipping Logistics Supervisor assists in Shipping area of distribution center personnel while maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
Performs daily operations assuring efficient inbound and outbound freight flow, monitors daily performance of associates, manages quality improvement, and is responsible for following company policy and procedures and ensuring each associate is aware of the policies.
● This position reports directly to Warehouse Shipping Logistics Manager.
● Assists Warehouse Shipping Logistics Manager with all incoming and outgoing freight sorting and processing of inventory in order to maintain logistics schedules as assigned by Warehouse Operations Manager.
● Looks for opportunities to improve safety, speed, and efficiency; works with Logistics Area Safety Coordinator to institute safety practices and ensures these practices are followed; Prepares Incident and Accident Reports as needed.
● Keeps shipping and receiving areas neat and organized.
● Assists in controlling budget of Logistics department.
● Print lists for orders and any other documents as needed.
● Assists Warehouse Shipping Logistics Manager with the flow of packages from preparation to shipment.
● Assists Warehouse Shipping Logistics Manager in scheduling all inbound and outbound freight.
● Manages all documents related to Logistics to include shipping notice, bill of lading, pick slips, advanced shipping notice, etc.
● Assists in resolving issues related to Logistics and shipped orders.
● Protects company assets by ensuring the maintenance and compliance of company security measures/policies.
● Protects employees by providing a safe work environment that operates in accordance with state and federal regulations/guidelines as well as company safety policies/procedures.
● Reports and resolves health, safety, legal, and security issues.
● Maintains regular communication with Warehouse Shipping Logistics Manager; reporting any pertinent issues/opportunities.
- Warehouse Shipping Logistics Supervisor must have at least 6 months to 1 year of Logistics supervisory and/or Administrative experience.
- Warehouse Shipping Logistics Supervisor must possess moderate computer and software skills.
- Ideal candidate must have a team player mentality and demonstrate willingness to grow within the company.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Warehouse Shipping Logistics Supervisor must be customer service driven.
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment.
- Applicant may subject to a background check. *
* A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
A&C Business Enterprises and Gimme a $5 embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
|Job Category||Distribution Center|